We focus on quality of treatment, with precise hands-on therapy.
After diagnosing the cause of your condition the Physiotherapist will then discuss with you the options avaliable to treat your problem. We will explain what techniques we can use, and where possible, suggest the different treatments available. The Physiotherapist will then tell you how long we, and how many treatments we expect you will reqire.
We expect to see considerable treatment benefit within two to six sessions, although sometimes a single treatment is sufficient. You can ask questions at anytime during your consultation if you are unsure.
Beaumont Physiotherapy also puts great importance into teaching you exercises and advise as to changes in lifestyle that may speed up recovery and prevent recurrence.
You will also be given exercises to do at home and, in some cases, advice as to how to minimise any negative impact of your lifestyle on your condition. This ‘homework’ is a crucial part of your treatment and should not be ignored. The Physioharapist is seeking to promote your body’s ability to self-heal and the exercises are an important part of this process.
The first session will also involve treating the problem as well as assessing it.
Some of the treatment methods used at Beaumont Physiotherapy:
- Joint & soft tissue mobilization (Manual therapy)
- McKenzie method
- Mobilisation and stretching techniques
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular facilitation (PNF)
- Individualized Functional and Rehabilitative exercises
- Postural assessment, correction and advice
- Myofascial / Therapeutic massage
- Electrical therapy modalities (TENS, interferential etc.) Therapeutic Ultrasound
- Guidance for self management of the dysfunctions is an integral part of every treatment
- Dry needling
- 3D scoliosis treatment based on Schroth method
- Custom made / off the shelf othotics available:
- Many of the problems associated with foot mechanics can be easily fixed with orthotics.
- However it is important that the orthotics which you buy are suitable for YOUR FEET.
– This is because your feet are as individual as you.
– They deserve the level of individual care that TOGS orthotics can offer.